After declaring an unexpected early launch date, The eBay Killers hit the ground running and has the cash register ticking over. With a lofty sales target of 100 copies, David Miller’s first novel has chopped away nearly a quarter of the sales goal and with just 77 sales remaining to hit the mark, confidence is at an all time high.
“I expected the book to hit the shelves, sell a few to family and friends and then disappear into obscurity.”
When asked what the surge in sales is attributed to, Miller’s response was simple, “Good friends and family and propping up the sales effort so far.”
“We opened our online store on Monday night and had already notched up a few sales by Tuesday morning.”
“Although you can buy direct from Amazon, I’ve ordered a limited print run and will be selling them in country. Every hard copy edition sold in country will be personally signed. I’m not sure if it will have any future value, it just sounds kind of cool to be selling signed editions.”
Amazon Rankings Surge
Since the release of the book on February 21, its Amazon ranking has climbed steadily from 828, 160 and hit a new high of 744,518 on Tuesday afternoon.
The push in book sales has also lifted Miller’s Amazon Author Ranking to 329,282. “To be recognised in the top half a million authors in the world is mind-boggling. I don’t know how many authors there are, I just know there are some now that are even more obscure than I am.”
After some positive reviewer feedback, Miller is now in the process of looking for an agent for wider distribution.
“It sounds impressive, but it’s not. The chances are slim of getting a book deal, but I know I will be a true author when I get to nail up a few rejection slips.”
While that journey continues, you can still push the sales along today by grabbing a copy and enjoying a great read…….
eBook Instant Purchase
You can download and read an eBook version today from:
- iBooks: search for ‘The eBay Killers’ direct from your iBooks app on any Mac device
- Kindle: click here to visit the Amazon Kindle Store
- Smashwords Bookstore: click here to buy from the World’s Largest distributor on indie books
Hard Copy Purchase
- Australian Readers: Click here to order direct from our online store and we will ship your book fresh to your door. Hurry! Limited first edition autographed print run selling out NOW!
- Readers outside Australia: it will be cheaper for you to order direct from the Amazon Bookstore: click here to order your hard copy edition from Amazon